Thanks to your generous contributions, the PTA helps enrich the educational experience of Kennedy students!
We consider helping out with anything that enhances, improves, or nurtures academic development, social-emotional-attitudinal development, specific skills, or the desire to learn and create by many of the students at Kennedy, consistent with the District’s Academic Performance Standards.
This year (as of mid-November, 2020), your Kennedy PTA has already approved funds of approximately $90,000 for the following:
- Social-Emotional Learning Program.
- Associate Student Body (aka Student Council).
- Online Subscriptions for Distance Learning (ebooks, Speech, writing, teletherapy, social skills, Kami, Padlet, NoRedInk).
- Supplies for Science Kits for distance learning.
- Supplies for electives during distance learning (art, woodshop, photo, makerspace).
- Professional Development resources for teachers (writing, anti-racism/social justice education, distance learning skills).
- Books (160 copies of “Stamped: Racism, Antiracism, and You”).
- Sturdy modern walkie-talkie radios to replace aged equipment.
- Overhead tripod for demos.
- Presentation TV on rolling stand for diverse use across campus.
- Computer for IT support of all students and staff during distance learning.
Programs that your PTA has helped with in the past:
- Student activities, Student assemblies, Student store
- Fall Festival, Spring Festival
- 6th grade social, 7th and 8th grade dance, Graduation
- Parent education
- Principal’s coffee, Teacher’s Appreciation events
- Staff Program Grants
- Teacher’s Professional Development
- Technology, Enrichment programs
- Emergency preparedness
Contributions from parents, teachers and community members enable the programs above and enrich the education experience for Kennedy students. If you haven’t yet, please contribute to the PTA now using this online Membership and Contribution Form. While making your tax-deductible contribution, we hope you join the PTA if you haven’t already!